PROFINET IO Device-side Royalty Free Source Code Stack
The Fastest Way to PROFINET IO Enable Your Factory Floor Product
PROFINET IO Expands Your Market
Profinet IO is a standard for factory floor I/O applications around the world. Millions of Profinet IO devices populate the factory floors of large and small manufacturing systems. Enabling your product to communicate over Profinet IO vastly increases your potential market. Profinet IO shipments have more than tripled over the past five years, and the forecast is for that growth to continue. If you are ready to Profinet IO enable your devices to better integrate with your customers Ethernet architecture connectivity you’ve come to the right place.
Taking The First Step
You need PROFINET IO, but probably don’t know much about it and certainly don’t have a year or more to properly code it in house, deploy it and ring it out in 10 or 20 prototype systems. You make devices that do all kinds of wonderful things but you’re not an industrial networking expert nor should you be. That’s where we come in. Our only business is helping automation people just like you get network enabled. It is all we’ve been doing for more than 20 years.
The Perfect Solution For Your Platform
- No hardware Dependencies – All you need is Ethernet and a TCP/IP Connection
- No RTOS dependencies – ProfiNET IO may have to be ported to your RTOS and TCP/IP stack but it can be supported on almost any BSD Sockets interface,
- ANSI C source code, a SINGLE TASK solution with a small code footprint, an easy to understand and use API and support for many different API’s interfaces.
- Assitacne developing your Object Model
- Cerification Support at the Test Laboratory
- Royalty Free Licensing
More Information on PROFINET IO
Profinet IO, also known as Profinet RT and Profinet 2.0, is one of three Ethernet-based automation standards from Profibus International. Profinet IO is used to exchange data between I/O Controllers (typically Siemen S7 PLCs) and I/O devices (your field I/O device).
Profinet IO uses a data representation that is nearly identical to Profibus. A Profinet IO device is composed of a series of slots, modules and channels. Slots are simply position in the device where modules can be inserted. Channels are the individual points of that module. In a traditional, rack-based I/O device, slots are the physical positions in the rack and modules are the cards that are inserted in the rack. Channels are the points for that module type. In embedded non-rack devices, slots, modules and channels are the virtual representations of your I/O data.
Every module has a type and some number of channels. Channels are simply I/O points. They can be a discrete bit, an analog input or output or any other type of data. Because the modules are virtual, you, as a device manufacturer, can define modules with mixed data; bit, byte, word or string. You as the manufacturer of a Profinet IO device select the number of slots in your device, the types of modules available for those slots (if more than one type is available) and the number and type of channels for each module.
The Profinet IO Source code supports Conformance Class A and Real Time Class 1. The Conformance Class is an indication of the device functionality. Conformance Class A is the lowest functionality type device. It indicates that a device supports IO based communications with Alerts, Diagnostics and Cyclic communications. It is the basic conformance class needed by simple sensors and actuators. Real Time Class 1 is the mandatory operating class for Profinet IO. RT Class 1 simply means that Real Time communications occur within a specific time window defined by the Profinet IO Controller.
The Profinet IO Device-side Protocol Stack consists of hardware independent and hardware dependent components. These components communicate via message queues. The hardware dependent part consists of the interface for the Ethernet MAC controller and timer functions.
The application communicates only with the hardware independent part of the Profinet Protocol Stack. This architecture enables fast porting of the stack from platform to platform.
The initialization of Profinet IO services is done with function calls within the application. During the execution of the application the Profinet Protocol Stack executes all necessary communication tasks autonomously and communicates with the application using callback functions.
Communication requests from other devices as well as necessary periodical tasks and time out monitoring is handled within the Profinet Protocol Stack. The application is notified after completion of the communication and occurrence of failures, respectively, through service oriented callback functions. In these callback functions appropriate actions can be carried out by the application.
The high degree of scalability of this Profinet Protocol Stack is of particular importance for devices with limited resources. The Stack Code size is limited by limiting the Profinet services implemented.
- Conforms to IEC 61158 and IEC 61784
- Real Time Class 1
- Conformance Class A
- Controller-side Connections limited by available memory
- Slots Network Representation limited by available memory
- Minimum 256kb Flash, 128k RAM
- Versions available for Windows, uCoS and others
|496EPS-0||Profinet IO Device-side Source Code for Microsoft Windows|
|496EPS-1||Profinet IO Device-side Source Code for VxWorks|
|496EPS-6||Profinet IO Device-side Source Code for Netburner|
|496EPS-8||Profinet IO Device-side Source Code for Linux|
|496EPS-4||Profinet IO Device-side Source Code for MQX|
|496EPS-xx||Profinet IO Device-side Source Code for Other Embedded Operating Systems – Call for Availability|
What to Do Next
Your next step is to use the Contact Us button at the top of the page to contact the RTA Profinet Project Manager and schedule a telephone consultation to discuss your application.
- 100% ANSI C based source code
- Specifically Targeted for Windows XP
- Fully Compatible with any Profinet IO enabled Programmable Controller
- No nonsense” Single Product Line licensing with no royalties
- Simple API speeds integration
- Easy to adjust time base for RT and NRT data
- Fully Compatible with Siemens Profinet Communications Modules
- “No nonsense” Single Product Line licensing with no royalties
- Easily configured Alarm, Diagnostic and Status data per channel
- Ready-to-run, sample application that can be immediately compiled, downloaded and executed
- Sample GSDXML Electronic Data File
- Many Popular Operating Systems & Processors Supported