You are here: / / Clear buffer with ML1400
I am using 435NBX with a micrologix 1400.I need to clear Buffer. The user guide has the next procedure
Clearing the Buffers from PLC
To clear the messages queued in the gateway from the PLC:
1. Set up a tag in the PLC to ASCII direction.
2. In the PLC, write a value in the Length field of –16384 (0xC000 in hex).
3. The 435NBX will receive that message, set the length back to 0, and clear all buffers.
Yes, this is the procedure to clear out the queued buffers from the PLC side. If you find you are having to do this quite regularly, then this points to a bigger issue. Either:
1) The ASCII data is moving too quickly and the PLC is having a hard time keeping up
2) The Ladder logic inside the PLC is incorrect.
3) Your end case configuration in our gateway is not setup correctly for your application.
If you look at the diagnostics page for the ASCII->PLC direction, the “Read Handshake Message from PLC, OK” counter and the “Write ASCII Message to PLC: OK” counter should be equal to one another. If they are not equal, then either the setup or the PLC logic needs to be tweaked. For application specific questions, please feel free to fill out a support request form here:
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.